POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches : Re: Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: 3.1e & cmax & patches
From: povray org admin team
Date: 27 Mar 1999 09:33:09
Message: <36ffebc7.5772406@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <ing### [at] ingodemonnl> wrote:

>POV-Ray 3.1e runns well and fast, but the patches based on 3.1(a) don't like
>the new codemax dll's. There is an error" wrong dll version". I tried put
>the patches together with the old dll's in a different directory, but this
>is does not work.

The error you get is not related to the codemax dll - it is in fact cmedit.dll
that is giving you the error message.

>Is there a way to get the patches to work with the old dll's and 3.1e work
>with the new one's under winNT4? I can do without, but the editor makes life
>a little easier.

cmedit.dll is located using the path given in the registry for POVWIN. there's
nothing that you can do (short of either swapping the files in the bin dir back
and forth, or editing the registry) to change which one it loads.